Job Description Job Attributes+
Division - Electron Technologies-21000006
Torrance, CA, US
Day - 1st
The team at L3 Technologies creates solutions that saves lives.
Join our team and serve those who serve us.
Who we are.
We have approximately 30,000 employees, with locations across the United States and internationally. Our maritime and communications systems deliver truly discriminating multi-domain solutions to our defense customers’ most challenging problems. Our smart devices send mission-critical data into armed conflicts to help our troops stay safe by staying in touch with key information. We’ve taken large communications systems—ground based, mobile, satellite, surveillance and reconnaissance—and developed new ways to make them smaller and more capable.
Why should you work at L3 Technologies?
Not only can you make life-saving differences for our troops, but at L3, we offer market competitive compensation and benefits.
Who works at L3 Technologies?
We are committed to diversity in every aspect of our business. Our inclusive culture welcomes all employees and values their unique contributions to our success. For L3, diversity enhances our business.
Are you ready to be part of L3 Technologies?
Join us as we keep our nation and troops safe by providing life-saving solutions for use on sea, land, air, and space.
L3 Technologies, Electron Devices is currently seeking a 2nd shift Mechanical Assembler for our Torrance, CA location. In this position you will be required to build traveling wave tube (TWT) products used for radio frequency amplification on satellites and other spacecraft as well as in other ground-based applications. Roles and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Building of various assemblies and sub-assemblies that make up the initial and final configuration of our TWTs.
- Following detailed process instructions to put together TWT assemblies using a variety of hand tools, machines (lathe, drill press) or by brazing or welding parts.
- Carrying out other tasks to facilitate the production of precision-built TWT's, ensuring that quality, cost, and production goals are met by working closely with others on the team.
- Able to pass J-STD terminal solder and crimp certification
You will bring previous precision assembly experience working with small parts, along with general knowledge of mechanical assembly processes and procedures. Other attributes that will enable you to do this job effectively include:
- Must be able to accurately read blueprints, assembly instructions, and other related documentation.
- Experience using basic hand tools.
- Must be able to learn the specific soldering techniques used in the production of our products; demonstration of proficiency at the conclusion of training is required for continued employment. Previous aerospace soldering experience is a plus.
- 20/20 eyesight (corrected) and good hand-eye coordination are necessary, along with the ability to work with small parts and hand tools under a microscope for extended periods of time.
- Good math skills to carry out basic calculations and measurements are required.
- Computer data input skills are helpful.
- Knowledge of the use of micrometers, calipers, and dial indicators is a plus.
- General knowledge of chemicals and epoxies used in the aerospace electronics industry is preferred.
- Familiarity with brazing or welding of small parts is desirable but not required.
- Knowledge of foreign object debris (FOD) control and tool control processes is desirable.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is needed.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
L3 Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military