Deputy Program Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Maritime Services Operations-20003657
Ayer, MA, US
Day - 1st
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Deputy Program Manager
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customer's mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
We are searching for a Deputy Program Manager at our Ayer, MA location.
You will demonstrate success by:
- The Deputy Program Manager will be responsible for assisting the Program Manager with achieving financial, delivery, and customer satisfaction objectives.
- This role is a largely operations focused with an emphasis on both long-term and short-term plans and projects. This will require presentation of solutions in response to sets of defined and anticipated requirements determined by the product development life cycle process.
- The Deputy Program Manager must be able to create and maintain a collaborative work environment; set goals; give clear direction to the team and provide decisive and constructive feedback; empower individuals to take ownership for their assignments; identify and capture funded program growth; and demonstrate and insist on ethical and professional behavior in accordance with company values.
- Documents all design/schedule/cost changes and communicates these changes to the Program Manager, and receives written customer approval on all changes prior to implementation.
- Manages and documents all aspects of technical projects carried out with the customer. Develops comprehensive understanding of customer contract requirements and ensures adherence to requirements.
- Defines and communicates performance metrics to management. Prepares and presents project briefings to management and provides the necessary information to effectively manage the business.
- Ensures adherence to related company policies, processes and procedures.
- Actively participates in growth of the business by identifying and developing approaches to new business opportunities with new and/or current customers, and captures new opportunities. Provides accurate and timely feedback of market intelligence and customer desires to assist in product development and improvement.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive understanding of the maritime defense market.
- Responsible for developing long term strategic plans to increase and maximize business opportunities with current and new customers.
- Participates and supports bid and proposal efforts.
- Positively contributes to overall departmental and organizational sales goals, programs and projects.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Business or closely related discipline, or equivalent level of demonstrated knowledge acquired through experience and/or other training.
- At least three (3) years of experience in Program, Project or Account management in a government contracting or related environment.
- Strong knowledge and prior experience working with Federal Department of Defense (DOD)/US Navy/Military (MIL), etc., and government contracting requirements is preferred.
- Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Windows™ interface, Microsoft Office™ package (Microsoft Outlook®, Microsoft Excel®, Microsoft Word®, Microsoft PowerPoint®, Microsoft Access®), Microsoft Project®and knowledge of Deltek CostPoint software.
Demonstrated knowledge of business challenges and opportunities driven by technology and regulations unique to the Defense market.
Excellent analytical, project management and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
Must be able to exhibit a positive attitude and communicate clearly and effectively, and, most importantly, promote collaboration among the team by listening intently to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and allowing others to speak without interruption.
Participation in relevant industry and professional organizations.
Must be available to travel.
Must be able to obtain a security clearance, if required.
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military