Electrical Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Division - Avionics Systems-20000029
Grand Rapids, MI, US
Day - 1st
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Electrical Engineer performs various engineering/technical activities in support of a wide variety of Aviation/Avionics products incorporating technology ranging from leading edge through early generation solid state electronics. Furthermore, for this particular position, it is required the incumbent have experience with software design, integration and understanding of source code, and sound working knowledge with one or more of the following:
- Supports various design activities for new products, predominantly in the area of sensor equipped attitude, altitude, airspeed, and heading instruments
- Supports design modifications for existing products, frequently driven by component obsolescence situations
- Applies electrical/electronics engineering and software experience and associated domain principles and techniques to design, develop, document, verify, support, and troubleshoot electronics hardware, and provides mentoring of the same to other technical staff
- Works closely with PCB Design Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Test Engineering, Reliability Engineering, Systems Engineering and Software Engineering teams to effect world class product designs
- Works closely with Component Engineer, Purchasing and Finance teams to formulate effective obsolescence mitigation solutions
- Assists and supporting Production and Service Station teams with troubleshooting of pre-delivery and field return products
- Assists and Supports the Test Engineering team in various capacities
- Participates in/Supports new product innovation, concept and ideation development activities
- Responsible for performing job duties in a manner consistent with established L-3 Ethics Standards
- Responsible for working in a manner consistent with established safety rules and regulations and the use and maintenance of required personal protective equipment; including, but not limited to safety glasses, etc.
- Performs job duties in accordance with approved procedures established in support of Sarbanes-Oxley regulations
- Possesses the ability to both perform and provide mentoring in troubleshooting, problem solving and decision making skills
- Possesses thorough knowledge of (preferred), and/or familiarity with one or more of the Electrical Engineering lifecycle stage elements including:
- Requirements decomposition into design elements
- Translating design elements into circuit design
- Design for testability and manufacturability
- Hardware/Software integration testing
- Design Verification and Product Qualification testing
- Transition to production technical support
- Production technical support
- Fielded product technical support
- Component obsolescence mitigation
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology, with a minimum of 5 years in an electrical/electronics engineering role, including 5 or more years performing in a closely comparable position/role to this posting
- Demonstrated ability to apply engineering theories, concepts and principals to achieve technical specifications and objectives, complete assignments and projects within schedule, work effectively in a team environment
- High proficiency operating electronics laboratory equipment including air data test sets, digital multi-meters, oscilloscopes (DSO, Mixed Signal), signal generators, DC power supplies
- (Helpful) Experience with CAE tools such as SPICE, Hyperlynx, MatLab, etc.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military