Electrical Manufacturing Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Division - Wescam USA-EO/IR-21004532
Santa Rosa, CA, US
Day - 1st
Yes, 10 % of the Time
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customer's mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
L3Harris Sonoma EO, located in Santa Rosa, CA is an established pioneer in military/defense infrared technology. A leader in high technology and engineering services, L3Harris Sonoma EO is world renowned for its expertise in the areas of Electro Optical / Infrared (EO/IR) stabilized imaging systems. As a first-rank engineering and production company, L3Harris Sonoma EO is engaged in the design, development, and manufacture of highly-sophisticated electronics equipment that is used in a variety of product areas for government, civil and commercial applications.We offer competitive benefits, an alternative 9/80 work schedule, and the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group of professionals.
Manufacturing Engineers at L3Harris, Sonoma EO are responsible for integrating new products into manufacturing and supporting product development, manufacturing and repair.Manufacturing Engineers are responsible for estimating, establishing and maintaining accurate manufacturing and repair standards and implementing and streamlining assembly and repair processes to reduce waste, process variation, and cost.Level II Manufacturing Engineers provide hands-on manufacturing engineering to development, production and repair programs with limited management instruction and supervision.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Supports, maintains and drives improvements related to Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost (SQDC) metrics for programs and facility wide initiatives.
- Provides manufacturing engineering support concurrent with the design of complex electro-opto-mechanical systems, including but not limited to DFX and Design to Cost inputs.
- Supports peer reviews, stage gate design reviews, and design release with production flow, BOM structure and DFX and Design to Cost evaluation.
- Insures close coordination of manufacturing and test development.
- Implements NPI processes to integrate new products into manufacturing.
- Creates and maintains Build Schedules and Production Flow diagrams.
- Develops and maintains assembly documentation (MPs).
- Identifies, develops and coordinates procurement and implementation of all necessary tooling and build fixtures.
- Creates and maintains Production & Repairs Routers and Work Orders.
- Provides build coordination, technical support and troubleshooting assistance to prototype production and repairs.
- Supports Procurement in the selection, qualification and maintenance of critical vendors.
- Supports the creation and material disposition of engineering change orders (ECOs) and Redlines.
- Supports MRB and the creation and material disposition of NCs and FRs.
- Supports failure investigation related to design, process, and workmanship and recommends and implements corrective actions to design, processes, tooling and/or equipment.
- Supports continued improvement of designs, MPs, production processes and manufacturing engineering processes through the implementation of LEAN principles and Operational Excellence Metrics and countermeasures.
- Leverages "lessons learned" back into new designs and production in a coordinated manner.
- Implements LEAN manufacturing processes and Operational Excellence and develops, maintains and reduces Standard Hours and Build Cycle Times.
- Supports the Bid and Proposal process with production, support and manufacturing development estimates based on historical actuals, Build Standards and Build Cycle Times.
- Supports development and implementation of the Manufacturing Engineering Department budget, including expensed and capital equipment requests to support production.
- As an AS9100D Certified Company, it is important to follow internal process to ensure conformance to established policies/procedures and support our quality system by assisting in the development of quality system documentation.
- Education - BS Degree (EE, ME, Optics) or other related discipline, or equivalent training/experience.
- Years’ Experience - 3 years’ experience in the manufacturing of complex electro-mechanical and/or electro-optical products and/or critical components preferred.
- Demonstrated Ability to provide hands-on process engineering support to development, production and repair programs with limited management instruction and supervision.
- Must be a US Citizen as defined by NIPSOM and be able to obtain and maintain at a minimum an Active SECRET / T3 security clearance, previous access to TOP SECRET SCI and SAP programs is preferable
- Pre-employment federal level drug screening and background checks are standard
- E-Verify employer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.The ability to interface well at multiple levels within L3Harris.
- Ability to make decisions with sparse data while adhering to established on-time delivery commitments.
- Requires solid influencing skills, particularly where there is no reporting relationship, as in the transition of designs from Engineering to Manufacturing.
- Ability to work seamlessly across a broad range of functions, including Business Development, Engineering, Senior Management, customers and suppliers.
- Identifies and solves problems in area of expertise.
- Demonstrates reliable, valuable and fully competent performance.
- Demonstrates an ability to produce more than expected with superior quality.
- Some repetitive motion activities.
- Visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information.
- Able to sit at and use a computer for extended periods of time.
- May need to lift/move up to 50 lbs with assistance.
- Willing and able to work extended hours when necessary.
- Willing and able to periodically travel domestically and internationally.
- Typical office environment.
- Defense/Aerospace level shop floor environment.
- Mixed level customer/vendor environment ranging from clean rooms to PWA fabrication to machine shop manufacturing.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military