Electronics Assembly Technician 2 - CryoCooler - Second Shift Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Division - Space Sensors Tech Center-20000032
Mason, OH, US
Afternoon - 2nd
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
The Electronics Assembly Technician will perform the mechanical assembly of Imaging & Detection Sensors (I&DS) using various types of hardware and tools. The Assembly Technician fabricates CryoCooler Assemblies, conformal coating, and soldering.
• Perform mechanical assembly using various types of hardware and tools.
• Use lean manufacturing concepts in assembling product.
• Maintain configuration control on all product assembled.
• Maintain control over material being used in the fabrication process.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
• Minimum of a high school degree; Associate’s Degree in a technical or engineering field is preferred.
• 1 – 3 years of manufacturing experience is preferred; electronics experience is a preferred.
• Ability to follow work instructions and read mechanical drawings.
• Basic computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft office Suite, including Excel.
• Strong written and interpersonal skills, such as communicating well with customers, management, engineering and manufacturing as well as other disciplines of the organization.
• Strong planning/organizational skills with ability to prioritize work assignments.
• Ability to work individually and in a team oriented environment.
• Able to attain J-STD-001 solder certification within 30 days subject to class availability.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military