Engineer - Logistics 2 Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Sector - CSG Broadband Communications-21000394
Salt Lake City, UT, US
Day - 1st
Yes, 10 % of the Time
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
L3Harris Communication Systems-West is currently seeking Logistics Engineers, to support increased program demand.
The successful candidate will assist in developing and implementing logistics strategies and solutions for the maintainability and supportability of complex systems and products. This position will function as both an ILS Manager and Logistics Engineer through Acquisition and Sustainment Life Cycles of legacy and future systems as well as technical refreshes and upgrades.
- Perform appropriate logistics engineering trade studies and analysis on the logistics elements to ensure all Integrated Logistics Support requirements for the program are properly addressed. This includes Maintenance Task Analysis (MTA), Level of Repair Analysis (LORA), Logistics Support Analysis (LSA), Provisioning and various other structured engineering activities.
- Develop, Write and Execute Integrated Logistics Support Plans (ILSP), Life Cycle Sustainment Plans (LCSP) and other plans as dictated by the Customer.
- Develop Technical Data Packages and Logistics Databases for integration into the government’s logistics system.
- Implement Department of Defense (DoD) Acquisition and Life-cycle Management policies and procedures.
- BS degree in Logistics or Engineering and/ or related technical field.
- Experience with LSA, MIL-STD-1388 or its replacement GEI-0007, Reliability, Maintainability, Availability and equivalents are preferred.
- Understanding of Department of Defense Instruction (DoDI) 5000 acquisition processes, relating to products, production, and sustainment.
- Experience with SLICWave, PowerLogJ, CASA, COMPASS, RELEX or other Sustainment Software Packages is desirable
Previous logistics engineering experience at a defense contractor is desirable
Ability to learn and apply logistics modeling tools
- Experience in reading parts drawings and specifications
- A high level of competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and wrtten communications skills along with the ability to work independently or in a team environment
- DMS /Obsolecence management experience
Cost account and project engineering management experience
An ability to obtain a government security clearance
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military