Engineer - Sys Integration 4 Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Sector - ISR Systems-21000012
Greenville, TX, US
Day - 1st
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Engineer - Sys Integration 4
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
A Systems Engineer having a data analysis background with experience in optical data acquisition, processing, and post-mission analysis. This position desires proficiency in investigating and solving EO/IR system performance issues including operational environment impacts, and will be responsible for the generation and review of technical papers, calculations, and briefings. The individual will be required to prepare and present technical briefs to internal management and external customer teams.
You will demonstrate success by:
Supporting the performance, verification, and sustainment of fielded Tactical Communication systems and components.
Participating in formal engineering analysis and reviewing performance parameters at the total system and individual component level.
Leading/performing the design, development, and release of related data management, processing, and reporting software tools.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
Must possess a current/active Secret clearance, and eligibility to eventually obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance which requires US Citizenship.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field (EE, CE, SC, Math, Physics, etc.)
Seven (7) years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- An intermediate to master proficiency level with Matlab
- An intermediate to master proficiency level with Ranorex
- An intermediate to master proficiency in programming with Java or C#
- Familiarity with common Tactical Datalink radios/terminals, to include MIDS, JTIDS Class 2, and JRE, as well as experience with MIL-STD-1553B interfaces
- Experience with building and analyzing Data Link (eg. Link16, CMF, etc.) messages
- Working knowledge of Mil-Standards 6018, 6016 and 6020
- Able to read, interpret, create, and maintain spreadsheets, charts, reports, investigation and test plans, and procedures
- Familiarity with configuration management software
- Experience writing systems requirements using an application such as DOORS
- Experience presenting design and project information at periodic reviews as well as recommending improvements to existing designs
- Be comfortable handling a large amount of classified material
- Ability to communicate clearly (written and verbal) to technical and non-technical personnel
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, et al) is required to generate work products
- Physical requirements: Some lifting in a Systems Integration Lab (SIL) environment.
L3 Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military