Engineer - Systems Architect 4 - Air Vehicle SIL Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Supply Chain Management-20002571
Plano, TX, US
Day - 1st
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Engineer - Systems Architect 4 - Air Vehicle SIL
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customer's mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
- Partner with the Program Manager (PM) and larger Integrated Product Team (IPT) to ensure the success of the program and that technical, schedule and cost targets are properly defined and met
- Interface and work closely with the PMO and customer(s) on technical and contractual requirements, and anticipate and fulfill customer needs to ensure 100% customer satisfaction and continued business expansion; negotiate as required and obtain positive resolution
- Work in conjunction with PMO and Proposal Lead, to decompose business case and customer contract requirements into Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) elements, develop the detailed Basis of Estimates (BOEs), construct viable Integrated Master Plan and Schedule (IMP/IMS), determine technical deliverables and associated program risks and opportunities
- Responsible for leading the technical team through requirements definition, verification and distribution, technical baseline development, resource identification and allocation, design trade studies, preliminary design, detailed design, system testing, qualification testing, supporting the handoff to Production (production configuration) and ensuring the technical deliverables to support a successful Entry-Into-Service
- Lead the technical development of the program. Serve as the focal point for all engineering development, product definition, resource allocation, task assignment and completion, problem solving and decision making necessary to accomplish charter.
- Direct the engineering team assigned to the program, manage their performance and, through a matrix structure, oversee their participation within the program
- Resource management for all engineering activities in support of program objectives
- Effectively communicate with the PM and serve as a leader through a collaborative, trust-based relationship, ensuring all have the latest information available
- Work with Division Leadership Team /Staff and functional groups to support the various meetings and reviews necessary to meet business objectives and commitments
- Work with other engineers, technicians, manufacturing and quality engineers in a team environment.
- Interfaces with customers and suppliers in technical areas relating to projects and legacy products.
- Travel to customer and supplier sites, and other L3 locations as needed.
- Attends and participates in a variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies.
- Responsible for ensuring that specified quality standards are met for all tasks completed..
- Occasional travel required
- Covering duties as needed while colleagues are out of the office
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (System Engineering a plus) from an accredited university; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- 8 years' experience in engineering, technical project management, production and/or quality, complex technical product development, related electronics and components
- Requisite years (varies by program size) in a similar technical leadership capacity, outstanding communication, negotiation, organizational and leadership skills
- In depth knowledge of manpower planning, milestone scheduling, development processes, requirements capture tools, traceability and processes, complex hardware/software integration, validation/verification, new product introduction, design for manufacturability
- Capable of managing and working in an environment that is fast-paced, demanding, with a focus on problem resolution and Six Sigma-based process improvement Experience in Military product development and transition into production
- Requires an ACTIVE Secret clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret Clearance with eligibility for TS/SCI, which requires US Citizenship.
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military