L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customer's mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
This position will perform a wide variety of Systems Engineering functions to ensure avionics systems meet performance requirements and are delivered to meet market and/or customer needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
The following statements of duties, responsibilities, frequency, are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of all personnel within this position. Actual duties, responsibilities, frequency may vary depending upon assignments and other factors.
- Assist in the development, integration, and testing of hardware and software for evaluation and certification of modifications to commercial and military tactical avionics.
- In a team environment, the candidate will support the integration of commercial and tactical military avionics hardware, test equipment, and software mission equipment components into existing aircraft configurations and future upgrades.
- Lead Significant Technology Development Projects involving multiple disciplines
- Experience evaluating customer operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical data and assure compatibility of program interfaces.
- Occasional travel required
- Covering duties as needed while colleagues are out of the office
- All other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (EE, ME, CS, Physics), advanced technical degree preferred
- Develop technical information (Schematics, drawings, bill of materials, etc.)
- Experience developing Test Plans and Procedures
- Experience developing automated test scripts for test programs
- Install and troubleshoot aircraft avionics in a SIL environment
- Experience creating software and hardware requirements, design, interface and test documentation and analysis of test results
- Experience producing Test Reports in customer formats.
- Demonstrated self-starter with strong interpersonal communications skills and ability to work across geographically diverse groups
- Ability to successfully complete tasks with minimal direction both working as an individual contributor as well as a team member
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required
- Willing and able to go on test flights
- Requires an ACTIVE Secret clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret Clearance with eligibility for TS/SCI, which requires US Citizenship.
Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; Keeps abreast of current developments; Requires minimal supervision; Displays understanding of how job relates to others; Uses resources effectively
Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and principles; Upholds organizational values
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or methods to best fit the situation; Deals with change, delays, or unexpected events
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary; Completes tasks on time
Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information
SCOPE AND INFLUENCE
Knowledge: Full knowledge of the job. Complete acquaintance with and understanding of the general and detailed aspects
of the job and their practical applications to problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
Supervision Received: Limited supervision. No instructions needed on routine work, and general instructions given on new lines of work or special assignments.
Consequence of Error: Errors may be difficult to detect and would normally result in loss of customer business, material, or equipment to resolve.
Contacts: Contacts are frequent with individuals representing other departments, and/or representing outside organizations. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data on matters of moderate importance to the function of
the department or which
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND HEALTH AND SAFETY
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to type, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The work conditions are those in a general office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.