Manufacturing Supervisor Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Tempe, AZ, US
Day - 1st
Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Develop, coordinate, lead, and execute daily production plans in the achievement of company goals, including driving compliance to business requirements, such as reporting time and attendance, safety, audits, etc.
- Collaborate with various Project Managers, Planning, Engineering and Quality Assurance personnel to ensure timely on-time shipments of multiple product lines to our valued customers.
- Ability to adapt and succeed in a dynamic environment with ever-changing customer requirements.
- Report performance and analyze data to identify potential problems and issues: Assume ownership of the problem solving process and develop sound plans and corrective actions to ensure adherence to quality standards, delivery schedules, cost performance, and safe working conditions.
- Develop and implement sound process controls; confirm routine quality and Team Leader checks and ensure all processes and procedures are executed using controlled methods and in accordance with work instructions.
- Ensure consistent and effective shift-to-shift coordination.
- Provide leadership and coaching that foster high team morale and effectiveness.
- Develop and cross-train team members to support operational plans; ensure training plans are effective and documented.
- Participate in tactical planning process.
- Lead and/or facilitate continuous improvement efforts and projects and incorporate continuous improvement into the daily operations.
- Create and maintain an environment where team members recommend and implement changes in procedures to improve value-added activities and eliminate non-value added activities.
- Maintain neat and clean work areas and ensure compliance with safety and 5S standards; Ensure a safe work environment for all employees.
- Meet goals and metrics that include: Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Productivity
- Bachelor Degree in Operations Management, Engineering, Physical Science or Business Management from an accredited university or college or an Associate’s degree as determined below.
- Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma Green Belt certification desired
- Must be able to effectively flow down goals from Manager into measurable tasks to subordinate levels.
- Must be able to provide effective coaching and mentoring to develop a high performing work team.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Systems.
- Must have strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must have an innate desire to learn and continually improve.
- Bachelor’s degree (3-5 years) Associate’s (5-7 years) of leadership experience to include direct supervision of staff in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree (3-5 years) Associate’s (5-7 years) of progressively increasing experience in operations, manufacturing engineering, or production control.
- United States citizenship required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Previous experience with vacuum technology and/or semiconductor processing desired.
- Previous experience in a high volume/high quality test environment desired.
- Prior experience in an electro-optical testing environment under low-light conditions desired.
- Previous Aerospace/Defense industry experience desired
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military