Procurement Specialist 4 Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Sector - ISR Systems-21000012
Greenville, TX, US
Day - 1st
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. www.L3Harris.com
Qualified candidate will have experience in Counterfeit Parts Compliance and be able to keep and review folders for Compliant Procurement. Strong oral and written communication skills are a must in order to be able to respond to buyer questions. Candidate will also have strong organization abilities to ensure Depot orders are correct and in full compliance.
Candidate should possess demonstrated proficiency in a broad range of functional assignments within the procurement field and proven skills in buying capacity.
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Sources; negotiates and purchases machinery; equipment; tools; raw material; packaging materials; parts; services; and/or supplies necessary for operation of an organization.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives.
- Monitors performance of suppliers. Compiles information to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes. Evaluates areas of opportunity to leverage material acquisitions.
- Tracks data to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes. Negotiates with suppliers and analyzes suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect prices and to determine lowest cost consistent with quality; reliability; and ability to meet required schedules.
- Reviews proposals; negotiates prices; selects or recommends suppliers; analyzes trends; follows up orders placed; verifies delivery; approves payment; and maintains necessary records.
- May prepare request for proposals (RFP) and bid packages.
Bachelor Degree with a minimum of ten (10) years of applicable experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered. Degreed in Business, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, or related field preferred.
- Procurement sourcing, negotiations, and purchases of machinery; equipment; tools; raw material; packaging materials; parts; services; and/or supplies necessary for operation of an organization.
- Experience ensuring compliance requirements are adhered to required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Experience with SAP preferred.
Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Security Clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military