Project Controller Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Division - Mari Pro, Inc.-20000058
Goleta, CA, US
Day - 1st
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
- The Project Controller is responsible for ensuring that a comprehensive and integrated plan for programs is maintained at all times.
- Continuous monitoring of program status, including budgets, schedule, deliverables, and communication support.
·Planning, statusing, and reporting of time phased budgets to support program budget/forecast planning and EACs.
·Provide variance/trend analysis; provide reports and reviews of performance versus plan. Support plan updates as required.
·Ensures adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditures projections, and submitting timely requests for additional funding to the government.
·Complete work authorization documentation.
·Develop program schedule to track progress and maintain schedule status.Complete analysis of performance to contract requirements.Incorporate contract changes as needed and complete analysis to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baselines.
·Track status of hardware, software and data deliverables to contract requirements.
·Support customer communications; work with internal team to evaluate performance to contract and coordinate and necessary communications with customer.
·Support proposal activities through the development of the cost volume and schedules.Complete review of proposal requests and basis of estimates; work with program manage to ensure all requirements have been addressed in costing.Support development of proposal submission.
·Assist in the development of company policies, procedures and standards as required.Execute responsibilities in accordance with company standard operating procedures.
·Promote cordial relationships and foster and maintain a favorable business profile with customers, suppliers, co-workers, industry and professional associations, government agencies and the local community.
·Act as mentor to co-workers; teaches and/or passes on knowledge and any new information obtained on the job including responsibilities.
·May perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in business or science required.
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience in project/program scheduling, planning and control.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel is essential
- Requires a high-energy, detail and solution oriented individual with the ability to collect, organize and present accurate financial and schedule data in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience with financial reporting and Earned Value Management systems such as Deltek Costpoint, MPM or Cobra and report writing (Cognos) is preferred.
- Familiarity with Government contracting and FAR/ DFAR guidelines is preferred.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
- Active DoD Security Clearance required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possesses strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in the use of project management tools, including Microsoft Project. Ability to comprehend and learn new software. Familiarity with accounting systems such as DELTEK.
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) skills.
- Ability to understand and evaluate engineering and manufacturing processes and control systems. Knowledge of manufacturing resource planning (MRP) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems.
- Ability to use proper English spelling, grammar and legible office and business writing skills.
- Ability to speak well; have good communication and interpersonal skills; ability to interface with both technical and non-technical personnel; and effective human relations skills are essential.
- Sound listening skills; pays attention to detail; ability to meet deadlines; multi-task oriented; and ability to work under pressure.
- Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently.
- Employee regularly sits, talks and listens.
- Employee frequently uses hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Employee occasionally stands, walks and/or reaches with hands and arms.
Other Work Conditions and Requirements:
- Employee works in a quiet to moderately noisy environment.
- Willing to travel on occasion.
- Directly provides support to all divisions and departments of the company.
- Directly interacts with current and potential customers.
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military