Project Engineer 4 Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Sector - ISR Systems-21000012
Engineering -Multiple Functions
Greenville, TX, US
Day - 1st
Yes, 10 % of the Time
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customer's mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
The Project Engineer is responsible for and bears authority for the program under the direction of the Program Manager (PM). This includes but is not limited to:
- Planning and execution of program activities
- Documenting, an approval of program plans
- Ensuring life cycle process adherence
- Risk identification and management
- Overall program coordination during the program lifecycle
To this end the individual Engineering Functional Task Leaders (Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Specialty Engineering, Logistic Engineering, Technical Publications, etc.) report to/and take direction from the PE for the assigned program operations.
The Project Engineer is the TASK Leader (TL) for all technical aspects of the assigned program. The PE manages the technical functions of the program through Project Work Authorizations (PWAs) as a joint effort with the PM. The PE coordinates with the Functional Managers in the utilization of and Earned Value (EV) reporting via the Labor Tracking System (LTS) to insure consistency between the Functional and Program roll up relative to performance against schedule and budgeted work scope.
The Project Engineeris also responsible for program technical performance that extends beyond the "Engineering" functions, to ensuring technical compliance within the total operations activities (i.e. extends to the interfaces of manufacturing and HD&L). In addition, Project Engineers are the key technical interfaces to Customers and have the responsibility/opportunity to interact with Customers at every phase of our program lifecycles.
Specific duties for this position of Project Engineer for
Foreign Military Sale ISR Aircraft include:
Project Lead of specific Contract Logistics Services requirements
Bachelor Degree with a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced technical or management degrees desired.
- Large Aircraft-platform-based sensor-system development program experience for all program phases, ISR sensor and aircraft communications experience (MULTIMISSION AIRCRAFT, COMINT, ELINT, SIGINT, COMMUNICATIONS, DATA LINKS), Leadership experience (especially Project Engineering and/or Chief Engineer)
- Project Engineers must understand and effectively lead / utilize a diverse team of technical subject matter experts and
- Engineering disciplines as well as contracts, subcontracts, program management, USAF procurement offices and international customers.
- Project Engineers must have a strong set of core competencies including Problem Solving, Team Leadership, Strategic Thinking / Planning, Communication, IPT / Cross Functional Behavior, Accountability, Critical Thinking, and the highest level of Ethical Conduct.
with one or more of the following areas is required:
- Aero Design – (Electrical, Mechanical, Structural)
- Systems Engineering
Experience with the following is a plus:
- Entire Program/Engineering Life Cycle Phases and Activities
- Aircraft Modification and Modernization
- Airworthiness and FAA Certification processes
- Requirements Management
- Proposal Development
- Architecting airborne mission system configurations to meet customer needs
- Aircraft integration expertise in coordinating integration and test plans of multiple mission and non-mission systems on airborne platforms
- Aircraft logistical sustainment and in-the-field aircraft modification experience
- Subcontract technical requirements management
- Subcontract technical oversight
- Customer support and management
Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military