Proposal Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Burnsville, MN, US
Day - 1st
Yes, 10 % of the Time
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
The position will lead bidding and capture management of projects across the L3 CTS business units throughout the entire Project Life Cycle, ensuring comprehensive, competitive and customer focused proposals are produced for a ranging complexity of new business opportunities.
• Building and maintaining relationships with internal global business stakeholders.
• Planning and managing proposal activities, resources (including estimating required resources and budget), and risks.
• In conjunction with key stakeholders, define and execute a clear, creative and comprehensive win strategy for each proposal that aligns and draws from the company’s overall strategy and strengths.
• Lead all activities required as part of the development of a proposal to ensure a high quality bid submission.
• Review customer requirements and define solutions in conjunction with Subject Matter Experts.
• Responsible for the development of compliance matrices in accordance with customer requirements.
• Following, and tailoring where required, business capture processes and procedures to ensure development of all deliverables to a high quality standard, and on time.
• Identify and define the risks associated with proposal requests and RFPs, and enact appropriate risk management strategies.
• Identify any solicitation exceptions or deviations and raise them with the Commercial/Contracts team for proposal planning and approach.
• Use bid & proposal development processes, tools and best practices to improve efficiency, quality and win/capture rates.
• Where appropriate, assist in contract negotiations and post-award activities as it relates to ensuring that the proposal, SOW and technical documentation is accurately reflected within the contract.
• Manage data repositories including complete bid packages, technical documentation, contracts, and change orders.
• Accountability and management of key reviews with L3 CTS stakeholders to enable progression of all proposals.
• Accountability and management of all allocated proposals, including collaboration with key stakeholders to develop a winning strategy & proposition.
• Accountability for any assigned key initiatives and continuous improvement activities.
• Any other duties as may be required to meet or enhance the goals and objectives of the business capture function.
• Proactive and willing to act as an entrepreneur and be accountable.
• Previous experience in proposal and/or project management, with a track record for leading successful multi-disciplinary proposal efforts/projects in highly competitive fast paced environments.
• Track record in developing differentiated value propositions and delivering winning tenders.
• Skillful communicator, decisive problem solver and exhibit the temperament to successfully resolve conflict.
• Strong organizational skills, ability to effectively and efficiently manage competing timelines and priorities for multiple teams across global time zones.
• Enthusiastic with the ability to keep the team energized and motivated.
• Adaptable to a dynamic environment and changing market requirements that demand a flexible approach to obtaining the best and most competitive results.
• Demonstrable experience of risk and opportunity management.
• Demonstrable experience in contract review and evaluation.
-High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required
-Preference will be given to candidates with a Bachelor's degree in a related field such as Business, Economics
-A minimum of 5 years of related experience
-Aviation experience is preferred.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military