Senior Quality Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
APD - President's Org-21001117
Alpharetta, GA, US
Day - 1st
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
We are looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to:
- Support the development, verification and manufacture of products using Advanced Production Quality Planning, Continuous Improvement and Statistical Process Control techniques
- Develop and manage data and metrics using Data Visualization tools, SQL and advanced excel. Turn data to information with recommendations for cost savings and process improvements.
- Perform product quality and quality management system audits to assure compliance with customer, drawing, internal, and regulatory requirements
- Coordinate needed actions to support continued ISO/AS9100 certification, preferred supplier status, and AS 9001 certifications (required for Government Quality Engineers)
- Serve as Voice of the Customer with suppliers on all quality-related activities
- Review, identify, implement and maintain Customer Quality flow down requirements
- Perform review of bid and proposal quality clauses and provide compliance matrix
- Perform review of customer quality clauses, quality documents and provide compliance matrix
- Support Operations to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system and contribute to an atmosphere of continuous improvement through the realization of cost reduction and process improvement initiatives.
- Perform design review activities including inspectability, consistency, adequacy, accuracy, and conformance to customer requirements and provide recommendations for improvement
- Analyze product and process failures to ensure effective root cause analysis and implementation of corrective and preventive actions for internal and external customers
- MRB/ECN Board representation and duties
- Responsible for participating in continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen lean methods, etc
- Employs mistake-proofing techniques
- Interface with Engineering and Operations to ensure transfer to Production of new products are in accordance with approved data
- Have a working knowledge of HTML to support a developing infrastructure
A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electronic Engineering or Quality Engineering from an accredited institution.
5 years’ experience
Understanding of Microsoft Office products.
Understanding in the use of computer databases – for example, MRP, QA, etc.
L3 Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military