Site Lead (ATL) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Division - Security & Detection Systems-20000066
Field Engineering And Technical Support
Atlanta, GA, US
Day - 1st
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customer's mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Under nominal supervision, assists District Service Manager by leading a team and overseeing the work activities of field service technicians to meet production schedules and quality standards. The Lead Technician position requires the majority or all of the lead’s time to be spent at the customer’s site performing maintenance and coordinating every day activities for the other on-site technicians. Provides technical support in field to aid customers and resolve highly complex technical problems associated with installing, troubleshooting, maintaining and servicing x-ray and CT based security systems at customer sites. Typically handles most complex products and problems, and provides work leadership to lower level field service staff. Activities are generally conducted with a high degree of independence and are virtually self-supervising. Must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Under direction of the District Service Manager, assigns and coordinates work assignments and schedules for field service technicians to meet department schedules.
• Responsible for and assigning tasks and instructions to employees, while maintaining quality and quantity of production at the most economical method for their group or section. Provides input and feedback to the Regional Customer Support Supervisor or Manager, regarding performance of site employees and assists in writing annual performance reviews.
• Coordinates and provides support to regional customers by installing, calibrating, maintaining, testing, troubleshooting and repairing of x-ray and CT bases security systems of a highly complex nature.
• Participates in the selection process and interviews perspective job candidates. Instructs and trains employees in processes or methods in accordance with departmental procedures, practices and/or process sheets. Provides in formal on- the-job training for other field service staff and customers. May conduct technical seminars and training for customer or company personnel.
• Functions as the eyes and ears of the District Service Manager, acts on their behalf at that site and conveys direction to the team. Establishes and communicates work schedule to the on site technicians and verifies timecards and hours worked by the group.
• Provides support in the conduct and performance of equipment/system acceptance testing following installation. Troubleshoots and diagnoses system/equipment interface problems during installations.
• Conducts and coordinates start-up, cutover and checkout activities on newly installed systems. May review customer equipment interface requirements.
• Consults with customer regarding pre-and post-installation problems. Works with customer to identify operations/technical problems. Response to customer complaints and questions until resolved.
• Augments technicians in job performance in assigned group as required maintaining continuity of work. May perform the most complex work assignments; sets up equipment as required.
• Maintains quality of production, noting errors in work on departure from established procedures on part of employees he/she leads, correcting it and/or advising supervisors. Provides direction to other technicians in order to improve their performance and to follow established Field Service procedures.
• Maintains and audits maintenance and repair work conducted on-site (maintenance/service reports, Clarify, and log books.)
• Maintains and establishes adequate controls for site tools, test equipment and other company owned property, to include return of test equipment to meet calibration requirements.
• Maintains the site inventory and all shipping records into and out of the site. Logs, and verifies, transaction into and out of the site inventory. Performs inventory counts at the specified intervals.
• Other duties as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Graduate of technical school / military training in electronics engineering technology or in lieu of a degree, 5 years of relevant experience.
• Typically possess more than five (5) years experience in field service environment with at least two (2) of which have been with a directly applicable industry and specific highly skilled knowledge of x-ray, CT technologies, and company’s products and equipment preferred.
• Prior lead/supervisory experience preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must have interpersonal skills to be able to effectively lead personnel in performing field service activities.
• Excellent communication, presentation and interface skills are required for effective interface with all contacts with employees and customers.
• Team player with ability to prioritize and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with minimal oversight.
• Ability to perform multiple activities simultaneously and independently.
• Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds.
• Must have understanding of RF/MW theory and electronics circuit analysis.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft applications such as MS-DOS, Win 95, Win NT and MS Office.
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military