Tempest Engineer Hardware Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Sector - CSG Broadband Communications-21000394
Salt Lake City, UT, US
Day - 1st
Yes, 10 % of the Time
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
- Participate in the proposal process for programs with a TEMPEST requirement.
- Perform design and test activities to achieve TEMPEST compliance.
- Support both system and sub-system development efforts and design reviews, including: sub-system partitioning, packaging, internal and external cable design, grounding and isolation requirements, CCA layout recommendations, schematic development, trade studies, analysis and simulation activities.
- Perform simulations with SPICE or other EMI/EMC simulation tools to predict CCA-level and system-level TEMPEST performance, and also understand anomalies observed during hardware testing.
- Conduct and participate in design reviews.
- Create a TEMPEST Control Plan, Test Plan, Test Procedure, Test Report and other applicable documents.
- Perform required pre-test setup and calibration measurements prior to testing.
- Direct TEMPEST testing activities and participate in TEMPEST related system and sub-system troubleshooting efforts.
- Interface with other members of the program engineering team, and the customer as required.
- Interface with external suppliers to upgrade their products for TEMPEST compliance, when necessary.
- Provide in-house training seminars and individual mentoring to electrical, mechanical, RF and system engineers, manufacturing personnel, management staff and customers on various aspects of TEMPEST design.
- BS degree in a related engineering field, with 3-5 years of experience is required.
- A working knowledge of electromagnetic theory, radiated and conducted emissions, signal and power coupling effects, and susceptibility of systems.
- Experience with TEMPEST design techniques for wide-band, high-isolation performance, containment, source suppression and RF grounding.
- Experience with TEMPEST design for compliance to NSTISSAM TEMPEST/1-92 and CNSSAM TEMPEST/01-02 requirements, including TEMPEST product testing. Knowledge of NSTISSAM TEMPEST/2-91, SDIP-27, and DoD/DoE requirements is also preferred.
- Experience with common lab equipment, such as: Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers, TEMPEST Receivers, Signal Generators, Test Antennas, EMI Chambers, etc.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military