Test Technician 1 - CryoCoolers - Second Shift Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Division - Space Sensors Tech Center-20000032
Test And Inspection
Cincinnati, OH, US
Afternoon - 2nd
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
The Test Technician will perform a variety of electronic and mechanical technical functions, for the purpose of completing tests requirements for camera systems being delivered to external customers. The Test Technician position will consist of Testing and troubleshooting, Assembly, Software Installation, Configuration Control, Troubleshooting, Rework and Feedback Activities related to an assigned project, program or product.
• Perform functional tests on camera systems following appropriate process procedures and using test equipment properly and safely.
• Maintain product configuration information in appropriate documents.
• Maintain current status of units being processed.
• Support the troubleshooting and rework/repair of camera systems and/or their subassemblies with defects, failures, anomalies.
• Maintain troubleshoot, failure information in appropriate process and product documents.
• Support completion of assembly operations to meet delivery expectations.
• Update and maintain failure information onto logs and travelers.
• Identify ways to improve current production processes to reduce the number of defects and communicate ideas with appropriate personnel.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
• High school diploma (or GED) is required; Associate Degree in electronics is preferred.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a manufacturing environment is required with experience in one or more of the following areas: Testing, Assembly, Configuration Control and Troubleshooting.
• Basic Computer Skills, including experience using Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
• Familiarity with Continuous Improvement processes is a plus.
• Strong written and interpersonal skills, such as communicating well with customers, management, engineering and manufacturing as well as other disciplines of the organization, are required for this position.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment is critical to success in this role.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military