Administrative Specialist Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Division - Mari Pro, Inc.-20000058
Secretarial And Administrative Support
Goleta, CA, US
Day - 1st
Yes, 25 % of the Time
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
About L3Harris Technologies
We are searching for a dynamic Administrative Specialist to join our team in Goleta, CA.
- Analyzes and organizes office operations and various policies and procedures.
- Maximizes office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications.
- Researches and develops resources that create timely and efficient workflow.
- Provides administrative support to Vice President/General Manager to include scheduling meetings, coordinating schedules and travel arrangements.
- Manages and supervises the administrative function and staff.
- Coordinates travel arrangements including airline, hotel and rental car for employees, customers and candidates.
- Establishes uniform correspondence procedures and style practices.
- Coordinates with HR for employee interviews and onboarding.
- Participates in the planning and execution of company events.
- Maintains general office supplies.
- Creates memos, correspondence, reports and other documents.
- Inputs requisitions for various departments.
- Provides back up support to the front desk.
- Provides back up support to facilities.
- Coordinates visitor and offsite activities, to include customer meetings.
- Coordinates with facility personnel to maintain a professional workplace.
- Provides support to all departments within the company, advising regularly and filling-in as needed in an emergency.
Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Business Administration or related field
- Minimum five (5) years of experience directly related in Office Management.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
- Valid state driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak well; have good communication and interpersonal skills; ability to interface with both technical and non-technical personnel; and effective human relations skills are essential.
- Ability to develop, administer and communicate company’s Human Resources and Security policies and standards, internally and externally.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to use proper English spelling, grammar and legible office and business writing skills. Ability to understand and evaluate computer hardware/software, materials, supplies and equipment as related to the company’s assembly or production needs.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Software Suite
- Excellent researching skills for identifying and hiring candidate personnel and participation in socio-economic programs.
- Good computer skills with working knowledge of software programs utilized by the company; ability to comprehend new software applications.
- Strong oral communication skills for contact with co-workers, contractors, customers and prime contractors. Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, logically and coherently; ability to effectively present information to top management.
- Well organized; self-starter; ability to handle multiple priorities. High degree of flexibility; ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to motivate others; sound listening skills; pays attention to detail; ability to meet deadlines; multi-task oriented; and ability to work under pressure.
- Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally or a negligible amount of force frequently.
• Employee regularly sits, talks and listens.
• Employee frequently uses hands to finger, handle, or feel.
• Employee occasionally stands, walks and/or reaches with hands and arms.
Other Work Conditions and Requirements:
- Employee works in a quiet environment.
- Travel may be required for several days on short notice via auto/air/rail.
- Directly provides support to all departments of the company, vendors and subcontractors.
- Directly interacts with current and potential customers.
L3 Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military