Electronics Technician IV Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Division - Fuzing & Ordnance-20000055
Cincinnati, OH, US
Day - 1st
Fuzing & Ordnance Systems
Electronics Technician IV
- Sets up test apparatus and conducts tests of production assemblies and units following methods, procedures, standards and sequences.
- Uses hand and small power tools and various measuring and testing devices in performing job duties.
- Assist technicians, engineering aides and engineers as directed.
- Record test data, maintain test data file system, shop routing documentation and accept/reject data for production & some engineering units. Assist in determining if failure is attributed to product or test equipment.
- Constructs, troubleshoots, tests and maintains electromechanical, mechanical, optical, pneumatic, hydro mechanical, and pressure-type measuring and indicating instruments, devices or systems as needed.
- Performs calibration and alignment checks; makes adjustments, modifications and replacements as directed; prepares prescribed compounds and solutions.
- Corrects malfunctions by making adjustments or replacing parts or components as directed.
- Calibrates electronic test measuring equipment and signal generating equipment to conform to set standards. Tests, calibrates, adjusts and maintains. Sets up calibration sequences, methods and procedures according to detailed specifications, blueprints, drawings and requirements.
- Assembles and performs limited internal analytical testing of small to medium units of average complexity, component assemblies, and small systems working under close direction and supervision; or assembles complete major systems and complex and unique electromechanical units, working under close direction and supervision.
- Overtime may be necessary to complete required work assignment with little or no advance notice.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that is cooperative and supportive of customers, co-workers and managers.
- Active U.S. Government Secret Security Clearance required.
- Associates degree with 5-6 years relevant work experience related to testing and troubleshooting electronic circuits required.
- The successful candidate will have experience to include: knowledge of electronic components, use of manual and automated test equipment (multimeters, oscilloscopes, signal generators, etc.).
- Working knowledge (formal training and practical experience) of engineering drawings, wiring diagrams, and electronic schematics.
- Familiarity with the use of spectrum analyzers, power meters and signal generators desired.
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military