Engineer - Electrical 2 Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Division - Aeromet-20000023
Tulsa, OK, US
Day - 1st
Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Design modifications for special mission aircraft. Such modifications typically include the design of electrical power distribution systems, developing electrical loads analysis, wiring diagrams and harness fab drawings.
- Utilize experience with cockpit avionics upgrades, navigation and communications systems and integration to meet FAA or Military flight safety standards.
- Analyze the impact to the host platform that the design changes cause and use this analysis during the design phase to ensure that the overall impact to airworthiness is minimized.
- Effectively communicate as part of a multi-disciplinary team working together to ensure that the aircraft systems contribute to the overall success of the program.
- Knowledge of the airworthiness process is a must and the ability to iterate design approaches with the cognizant airworthiness authorities is critical.
- 2-4 years BS in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field. 0-2 years MS Degree in a related field or have 6 years relevant experience.
- We work in the digital age. Candidates must be comfortable working with standard MS Office tools as well as have demonstrated experience on an advanced CAD system for electrical system and wire harness design and Product Lifecycle Management system. A working knowledge or experience with Capital Harness/TeamCenter is required.
- All candidates must be US Citizens and either have or be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level clearance. Must have good communication skills and be able to work any shift, weekends and overtime, as required. Travel, up to 15%, or as required.
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military