Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Link Training & Simulation-21000004
Binghamton, NY, US
Day - 1st
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM)
- Develop/conduct risk assessment procedures for verification of Certification & Accreditation (C&A) RMF safeguards to meet various regulatory requirements based upon the JSIG RMF for DoD IT, and occasional support involving ICD 503/DCID, JSIG, NIST & STIG guidelines
- Monitor cybersecurity Program compliance by performing periodic self-inspections, tests and reviews of the IS program to ensure that systems are operating as authorized/accredited and that conditions have not changed
- Work with program personnel to include System Administrators to ensure audit functions are performed properly
- Develop corrective solutions and maintain associated documentation (to include required reports) as appropriate
- Coordinate with program/project stakeholders, the Facility Security Officer (FSO), & Contractor Program Security Officers (CPSOs) and other Security and IT team members to define, implement and maintain an acceptable information systems security posture
- Assist program personnel at offsite locations to ensure they meet USG certification requirements and are properly trained to execute the cybersecurity program effectively and maintain security compliance
- Excellent communications skills, oral and written
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Confident personality with the ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to work with people in a team environment and deal effectively with changing project priorities
- Candidate must have demonstrated professional customer service skills
- Ability to balance information security requirements with Link’s mission, goals, and culture is critical
- In-depth knowledge and experience with technical configuration standards relating to information system security; experience configuring Windows operating systems, experience with server systems, thin client architecture, system virtualization and other related peripherals
- Extensive knowledge and experience with certification/authorization requirements as outlined in the NISPOM, RMF, ICD 503/DCID, JSIG, NIST RMF & STIG and other USG IS/Security-related policies
- Knowledge and experience with configuration/certification and auditing/analysis of Windows, Linux, Unix systems
- System configuration would include stand alone, peer-to-peer networks, LANs/WANs
- Experience in implementing Windows Active Directory Services, Group Policy, or Linux LDAP Services.
- Applied experience with Windows PowerShell and Linux Shell Scripting.
- Experience with security information and event management (SIEM) and data loss prevention (DLP) solutions.
- Candidate must provide evidence of DoD 8570 compliant: CISSP, CISA, CISM and/or other equivalent security certification
- Active DoD Secret Clearance is required, and must be eligible for Top Secret Clearance
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military