Lead, Legal Compliance and Investigation Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Greenville, TX, US
Day - 1st
Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Conduct investigations of sensitive workplace and ethics issues, including performing thorough interviews while ensuring the rights of interviewees, gathering and analyzing data and conducting research.
- Complete thorough and well-documented investigations with personal and professional integrity in finding unbiased facts and maintaining confidentiality to all participants to the fullest extent possible while demonstrating knowledge of generally accepted investigative standards, principles and techniques.
- Composing detailed investigative reports, which document findings to support appropriate corrective actions, including employment-related disciplinary consequences.
- Provide sound analysis, solid data, confirmed facts, and insights into understanding the root causes.
- Conduct briefings with legal counsel, Human Resources and leaders, including researching applicable local, state, and federal laws potentially impacting cases.
- Employ active listening skills to interview objectively and without leading the responses while asking open-ended questions; and demonstrate the ability to ask difficult questions in a non-judgmental manner.
- Provide input and implement process improvements based on the assessment of quarterly metrics, ethics survey results, audit results and other sources to enhance service quality and improve overall results.
- Address and investigate employee reported Conflict of Interest matters.
- Train values-based ethics orientation
- Support other ethics investigators on standard ethics investigation processes and templates to ensure reports are timely, concise, and thorough.
- Act as an adviser to employees on ethical matters relating to the L3Harris Code of Conduct, supplier relationships, dealing with other employees, and reporting concerns.
- Strategically plan each investigation and manage the logistics of travel, work space and appointment scheduling.
- Provide overall online data intake and data base case management under the direction of the Ethics & Compliance Manager.
- Perform work independently on multiple projects simultaneously, and efficiently manage time and resources.
- Develop relationships with peers and leaders in other functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 5 years of prior relevant experience conducting complex legal, ethics, and/or human resources investigations; or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 3 years of prior related experience; or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate within and outside of the organization, influencing others and communicating with leadership regarding matters of importance to the functional business area. Formal training with interviewing people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Must be able to travel to domestic and international locations with limited notice, as required.
- Ability to obtain security clearance.
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military