Material Planner Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Division - Electron Technologies-21000006
Material & Distribution
Torrance, CA, US
Day - 1st
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
- Monitoring end-user inventory demand and materials on hand or in transit in order to optimize overall supply chain planning.
- Coordinating planning decisions from end users and information from suppliers to reduce material shortages, working with personnel from departments such as Manufacturing, Purchasing, Engineering, Quality, and Inventory Control.
- Computer proficiency is required, with advanced knowledge of ERP systems (preferably InforLN or Oracle,) Oracle MRP Planning Environment and Microsoft Excel needed
- Must be able to develop and execute an MRP plan using business system and desktop applications
- Knowledge of electronic (hi-rel) parts requirements and associated processes is needed
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, proactive, and able to develop creative solutions to problems in a fast-paced environment
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills are needed in order to effectively deal with internal and external customers and suppliers
- APICS CPIM certification or other education relevant to this field is desirable
- A bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, or a related field is required.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military