Material Program Manager 5 Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Sector - ISR Systems-21000012
Greenville, TX, US
Day - 1st
Yes, 10 % of the Time
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. www.L3Harris.com
The Program Manager will function as the Material Program Manager (MPM). They will be responsible for managing the Program’s material requirements, all associated material budgets and provide weekly and monthly financial reports. The MPM is the material focal point for all material requirements and will interact with Engineering, Laboratory support, Planning / Scheduling, Subcontracts, Procurement, and Manufacturing departments to ensure all material is available on time and within budget. Contract efforts range from Aircraft Electrical and Structural Components, Mission Equipment, Development, and Logistical Programs.
- The Material Program Manager will function as the point-of-contract between the Program Office, Functional Management, the Customer, supplier relationships, and other stakeholders to coordinate efforts to ensure successful resolutions of program issues.
- Manage the material budget for an applicable major program. Provide comprehensive business analysis of program material requirements and manage impact to program EAC's for all material related actions.
- Work collaboratively with Program Office and Functional Management, as well as other stakeholders, to define and assign task requirements; estimate and establish budget and schedules; determine appropriate performance metrics; clarify priorities; and develop and implement specific management plans to support the program.
- Manages and follows up with Engineering / Engineering design reviews, Planning, Procurement and Manufacturing personnel to ensure appropriate drawings are released and program schedules are achieved.
- Reviews proposals, Statements of Work (SOW) and establishing status metrics and reporting methods that assists with Make buy decisions, follows up on open purchase orders, verifies delivery, participates in resolving supplier issues, approves payment, and maintains necessary records of material movement throughout manufacturing and inventory cycle(s).
- Recommend, develop, and implement program management tools, process ownership and analysis, risk management, controls, and performance metrics to monitor and report program performance to objectives (including budget, schedule, and other management requirements), and facilitate project coordination and decision-making.
- Develop and deliver presentations/recommendations to senior Program Managers and Company Management, as well as other stakeholders, relating to applicable program management plans. These plans include defining objectives, developing tasking requirements, reporting budget and schedule performance, and relaying all issues requiring management action. Ensure operational and project reviews are properly focused and address core issues.
- Lead/participate in Integrated Product Teams to assure successful program execution and drive non-value added costs out of the program.
Bachelor Degree with a minimum of fifteen (15) years of applicable experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Requires an Active DOD Secret clearance with an in-scope investigation completed within the last five years.
- A technical background is highly desired for this position.
- Applicant must possess excellent managerial and leadership skills.
- Customer Liaison experience is required.
- Working knowledge of system-level requirements, design practices, hardware specification, and development desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Aircraft airframe and systems knowledge is a plus.
Position requires the flexibility to work on short notice, overtime, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
Position requires an active DOD Secret Security Clearance with an in-scope investigation having been completed within the last five years, and the ability to maintain the stated clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military