Program Manager (Level TBD) Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Sector - CSG Broadband Communications-21000394
San Diego, CA, US
Day - 1st
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA
This position manages all phases of complex electronic developmental programs ranging in size from $500K to $100M, generally for Space, Telemetry or Encryption products. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Own program performance and results from propoal through delivery and support.
- Directly tracking and monitoring technical, contract, and cost performance to ensure requirements and budgets are being met.
- Preparation of Program Plans including schedules, Statements of Work, Work Breakdown Structures and budgets. Must be skilled in the development of baseline budgets, work packages and integrated schedules.
- Manage subcontractors including development of Statements of Work, participating in source selection and monitoring subcontracted efforts.
- Participate in and co-lead proposal efforts and contract negotiations. May be required to lead a "Must Win" program proposal effort, including the development of Management Volumes, generating Basis of Estimates (BOE), and Cost Volume support.
- Work with the Business Development organization to develop additional opportunities by leveraging off of current customers and programs.
- Chair internal and customer program reviews.
- Serve as the primary customer interface with responsibility for customer satisfaction while meeting all contractual and internal financial requirements including EVMS tracking when required.
- Provide support to the Program Management Department in improvement updates of existing processes/procedures and in the generation of new processes/procedures, as required.
- Interface primarily with major aerospace contractors and with supporting Government agencies.
- Actively work to generate new business opportunities and develop a network of customers and connections.
- Direct program management experience with design and production of electronic products for DoD, preferably in Space, Telemetry or Encryption programs.
- Ability to work effectively as the primary customer point of contact and the ability to interface internally and externally at all levels including senior management.
- Proven track record as a team leader with a proactive approach to Program Management; willingness, ability and aptitude to take ownership of a program with minimal oversight.
- Demonstrated experience in proposal preparation as defined above.
- Ability and desire to make a positive impact on this business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Ability to develop/mentor other Program Managers and to direct and coach project engineers.
- Experience with Earned Value reporting and tracking.
- Familiarity with high reliability parts programs.
- Experience with RF Communication, Telemetry or Encryption products.
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military