Quality Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Division - Space Sensors Tech Center-20000032
Mason, OH, US
Day - 1st
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customer's mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com.
The Quality Engineer role contributes to the success of the Quality Engineering team. This individual will engage in data-driven improvement initiatives. He/She will design, write, implement, evaluate, and revise quality assurance procedures, statistical sampling techniques, quality plans, inspection and testing techniques and specifications. He/She will also be responsible, independently or as part of a team, to provide thorough and practical solutions to a wide range of electro-optical, mechanical and technical problems through the application of Lean, Green Belt and quality engineering disciplines and tools.
• Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment.
• Implement, interpret and utilize metrics toward process improvement activity.
• Generate and deploy Green Belt tools, to act as indicators of quality of items produced and health of the process. Analyze metrics and indicators to determine opportunities for improvement. Early detection and resolution of nonconformance is a key requirement in this role.
• As part of the program team, effectively work as a cost account manager for the quality engineering elements of the program work breakdown structure.
• Interpret and flow down customer quality requirements to programs, engineering, manufacturing, and inspection via Quality Assurance Plan (QAP).
• Interface effectively and successfully with customers to discuss and negotiate quality requirements and specifications.
• Understand risk and risk management as an essential part of the quality engineering work scope.
• Utilize sense of urgency to act to prevent or correct problems with products and post-delivery defects.
• Assist in process improvement and process problem solutions on the factory floor.
• Perform quality engineering functions for specific phases of projects and programs to develop plans, flow charts, inspection methods, procedures and standards, including FAI, detailed instructions, check lists, sampling plans, classification of defects, etc.; to assure all products, data or services meet specified quality requirements.
• Review Engineering and Manufacturing information on new and revised designs, specifications and bills of materials; production, tool and test equipment drawings; production and tool plans; operations and routing sheets: production, storage and shipping methods, and to assure that products meet customers' requirements.
• Provide thorough and practical solutions to a wide range of technical problems utilizing mechanical, electrical and optical engineering abilities.
• Effectively interface and collaborate with Supplier Quality Engineering in customer flow-down and to solve vendor quality problems.
• Effective interpretation and application of Quality Standards, such as AS9100, IS)-9001, J-Standards, etc.
• Act as an advisor in all phases of statistical quality control and Green Belt techniques.
• Lead teams and perform investigations to drive CAPA for nonconformance, as well as actively participate in material review. as the Quality Subject Matter Expert (SME) on program and design teams.
• Perform Quality-related training of employees.
• Must be comfortable in a dynamic environment with multiple and changing priorities.
Qualifications / Requirements
• This position requires a Bachelor's Degree (Engineering preferred).
• Must possess 5 years of Quality Engineering experience or a combination of 10 years of Quality Engineer, Electrical, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineer experience.
• Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings of complex nature.
• Familiarity with problem-solving tools such as 8D, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping, and CAPA.
• Candidates with Aerospace or Defense Manufacturing experience is desired.
• A working familiarity of AS9100, ISO9001, J-STD Workmanship, ANSI J-Standards (Class 3) and IPC Workmanship Standards (Class 3) and TipQA is desired.
• Familiarity with CMMI Level 3 is desired.
• ASQ Certified Quality Engineer Certificate desired.
• Mechanical Engineering and Electro-Optical experience is a plus.
• Lean Manufacturing and Green Belt certification is a plus.
• Familiarity with complex mechanical inspection and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing is a plus.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military