Reliability Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Division - Fuzing & Ordnance-20000055
Cincinnati, OH, US
Day - 1st
Yes, 10 % of the Time
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customer's mission and quest for professional growth.L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs.The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue with 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
L3Harris Technologies Fuzing & Ordnance Systems is the largest fuze manufacturer in the United States and is one of the most advanced manufacturers of Fuzing and Ordnance products in the world.
Applies reliability engineering principles to components, subsystems and systems to assess compliance with specified reliability and safety engineering requirements. Documents analysis work for external customer and internal design engineering. Performs as point of contact for customer on topics of reliability, safety and Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action (FRACAS).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate customer requirements for reliability and safety analyses.
- Plan and manage work to satisfy program schedule.
- Reliability Program Plan documenting work to be performed, methodology used for each task and schedule for completion.
- Perform Derating Analysis on electronic fuzing and initiation product designs to evaluate design margin at the component level.
- Perform Reliability Prediction of new designs based on component stresses to ascertain that the design has the potential for meeting the specified reliability requirements and make recommendations for appropriate trade-offs that will give assurance that the design will meet the customer’s reliability requirements.
- Perform FMECA (failure mode, effects and criticality analysis) of new designs to assess effects of single point failures on system safety and on device performance.
- Perform Fault Tree Analysis of designs to deductively determine the safety system failure rate.
- Generate a graphical representation of the different combinations of failures that may lead to a safety system failure, and assess the probabilities of such failures to determine compliance to requirements.
- Utilize computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) to perform reliability analysis work, document work for internal and external customer use, and present results in formal customer presentations.
- Prepare reliability analysis and assessment of fuze or safety and arming device. Prepare reports summarizing analysis and reliability assessment.
- Interface with design engineering and recommendations for reliability improvements.
- Participate in design reviews and present results of analyses to customer.
- Interface with customer on reliability of design as required.
- Participate in failure analysis and become familiar with product designs to the extent that the cause of failures can be determined and make appropriate recommendations for corrective actions.
- Prepare failure analysis reports summarizing failure and cause of failure with relevant findings to substantiate conclusions.
- Coordinate reliability activities with customers, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Develops, coordinates and conducts technical reliability studies and evaluations of engineering design concepts and design of experiments (DOE) constructs.
- Recommends design or test methods and statistical process control procedures for achieving required levels of product reliability.
- Compiles and analyzes performance reports and process control statistics; investigates and analyzes relevant variables potentially affecting product and processes.
- Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards.
- Analyzes preliminary plans and develops reliability engineering programs to achieve company, customer and governmental agency reliability objectives.
- May develop mathematical models to identify units, batches or processes posing excessive failure risks.
- As necessary, proposes changes in design or formulation to improve system and/or process reliability.
- May determine units and/or batches requiring environmental testing, and specifies minimum number of samples to obtain statistically valid data.
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military