Senior Components Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
APD - President's Org-21001117
Engineering -Multiple Functions
Alpharetta, GA, US
Day - 1st
Creation and implementation of Parts Management Plans (PMP).
Assist design engineers in the selection of parts.
Evaluate, approve and document new parts selected for new design or modified equipment.
Support and maintain a preferred parts selection list (PPSL) to reduce proliferation of parts.
Enforce part standardization and guide design engineer to use the PPSL.
- Generate specifications for new components.
Review bill of materials against program requirements to assess risk.
Review and provide advice on Component End of Life (EOL), Availability, Lead-time, and
Manage and resolve parts obsolescence and DMS issues.
Provide advice on request for proposals relating to Parts Management Program.
Participate in technical reviews, audits, and customer milestone meetings (PDR, CDR, etc) as
- Participate in the GIDEP Program
Creation and review of internal and subcontractor non-standard part approval requests (NSPAR).
Prepare handling and process instructions for components activities.
Generate data submittal reports in accordance with customer requirements.
Technical liaison between Contracts, Purchasing, and Supply Chain for DMS and lead time issues
Risk mitigation of counterfeit electronic components
- Bachelor degree in an Engineering field with 6 years experience, or equivalent
Experience in Military Aviation Electronics product development and support
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel and Access)
Understanding of MIL-STD-3018, MIL-STD-883, MIL-STD-750, and similar standards
- Proficiency with Deltek Costpoint ERP and Cognos
- Proficiency with IHS BOM Manager or QStar
- Good communication skills and experience presenting data and analysis
Experience in quality engineering, manufacturing operations, or product testing is a plus. ASQ certification
- Experience with reliability demonstration testing, thermal cycling, burn-in and vibration
- Knowledge of mechanical reliability concepts and equations
- Project management skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously during development and production stages
- Leadership skills – able to lead small teams
- Good verbal and writing skills, ability to communicate at a high level
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military