Senior Director Business Development Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Division - Space Sensors Tech Center-20000032
Cincinnati, OH, US
Day - 1st
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customer's mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
The L3Harris Intelligent EO Solutions (IES) Business Development and Capture Lead will play a key role in the execution of IES business strategies through the pursuit and capture of major system level opportunities. L3Harris IES is seeking an experienced new business leader with the confidence and drive necessary to take on challenging assignments, create and lead the organization’s top technical, operational, and business cross functional teams to win
new business opportunities. Intelligent EO Solutions provides our customers with some of the world’s leading infrared sensors and systems.
• Provide Senior Business Development leadership across L3Harris and the IES business by supervisor, training, and mentoring business development teams
• Lead cross functional teams in the creation and execution of capture plans and win strategies for strategic programs across IES and L3Harris
• Identify and utilize internal and external resources needed to execute assigned captures
• Lead the proposal team ensuring that win strategies are effectively communicated and the program plan addresses all customer requirements
• Create an environment that inspires employees to take personal ownership for achieving business goals and for continuous performance improvement
Job Skills and Experience Requirements
• 12 years of experience in major program Capture Leadership, Business Development, Program Management, and/or Engineering roles demonstrating deep understanding of the defense and security markets and what it takes to win major programs
• Strategic thinker with a demonstrated ability to develop and implement growth strategies.
• Ability to communicate at all levels within the L3Harris organization and in the customer community.
• An effective listener as well as a clear, concise, credible speaker that inspires others
• Team builder that fosters collaborative relationships and innovation
• Proven leadership skills within a high performing organization.
• U.S. citizen with at least a SECRET security clearance required.
• Active TS or TS/SCI desirable
• Working with the US DoD and IC sensor market
• Bachelor’s in, Business, Engineering, or related field of study required
• Master’s Degree strongly preferred
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military