Senior Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) Design Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Sector - CSG Broadband Communications-21000394
Salt Lake City, UT, US
Day - 1st
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customer's mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.comWe are is searching for a Senior Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) Design Engineer at our Salt Lake City
The candidate should have industry experience in the modem and/or digital signal processing (DSP) arenas. Areas of desired expertise include:
- Forward Error Correction (FEC)
- Digital filters
- High-speed serial interfaces
- Embedded Processors
Industry standard interfaces (e.g. Ethernet, SPI, UART, SDRAM, DDR, PCIe, JESD & VITA-49).*LI-LH1
- BSEE Required (MSEE preferred).
- Must have 5 years experience implementing complex modem and/or DSP circuits in programmable logic using FPGA devices.
- Equivalent experience in ASIC design will also receive consideration.
- Expertise in either VHDL (preferred) or Verilog development languages.
- Expertise in simulation, synthesis, and placement software tools such as ModelSim, Synplicity, Xilinx and/or Altera development tool sets.
- Expertise in laboratory debug techniques using digital scopes, logic analyzers, BERTS, and other complex measurement devices.
- Familiarity with Linux, Git, and Clearcase code is a plus.
- Familiarity with C/C , Open CL and Matlab/Simulink is also a plus.
- Due to the nature of our work qualified candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military