Senior Ocean Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Division - Mari Pro, Inc.-20000058
Engineering -Multiple Functions
Goleta, CA, US
Day - 1st
Yes, 25 % of the Time
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
- Ability to plan and direct offshore cable installation.
- Familiarity with ocean navigation, survey and cable modeling desired with software such as Makai, GIS and other ocean related suites.
- Familiarity with deck operations required in the installation of cabled ocean sensors.
- Desired experience, training or degrees include: marine or mechanical engineering, vessel operation as captain or mate, deck rigging operations and planning, vessel navigation, computer science.
- Able to generate technical proposals and installation plans.
- Familiar with CAD program (SolidWorks, AutoCAD, etc.).
- Capable of supervising deck crew offshore.
- This position uses a typical 40-hour “at-plant” work week with occasional travel as needed.
- 5 years of experience in Engineering, with Ocean Engineering experience preferred
- BS or MS in Mechanical or Computer Science, with an emphasis on Ocean engineering preferred
Special Certifications, Credentials:
- Active DoD Security Clearance preferred
- 2-4 months of travel/year. Periods of up to 60 days continuous
L3 Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.