Senior Program Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Division - KEO-20000056
Northampton, MA, US
Day - 1st
Yes, 10 % of the Time
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
Manage Program Managers, Program Administrators, Field Service activities (when required) and provide oversight for their assigned proposals / programs including planning and coordination.
- Develop presentations and present assigned programs to Management and customers.
- Implement policies and procedures to improve the quality and efficiencies of products and services.
- Manage and project resource needs for current and future years.
- Manage customer relationship and develop relationships with potential customers.
- Hire, develop and retain personnel to support program needs.
- Obtain, measure and act upon Voice of Customer (VOC) feedback.
- Leverage Continuous Improvement Tools to improve performance of assigned programs.
Delivery of financial sales, margin and profit expectations for cognizant programs consistent with division and corporate objectives and customer expectation.
- Lead cost and price reviews with management and assist / participate in negotiations with customers and major subcontractors.
- Profit and loss responsibility for assigned programs, including future business projections
- Conduct Estimates at Completion (EAC) for programs
Establishment, control and execution of milestones, schedules and action plans consistent with the needs of the customer and within constraints of division and corporate level objectives.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships and liaison with customers, program / proposal teams, departments and management to secure compliance with schedules, resolve problems and coordinate tasks.
- Monitor progress and exercise control of schedules, reporting and the preparation of reports and contractual data.
- Coordinate with and direct production and depot leads.
- Manage KEO Field Service activities.
Assist in expanding business opportunities with existing customers through the development and marketing of product improvements, upgrades and support.
- Book new orders for Submarine Imaging Programs / Customer Orders consistent with division and corporate objectives.
- Manage, lead and oversee proposal efforts.
- Remain knowledgeable and abreast of program management tools and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:Bachelor’s Degree or Business discipline with MBA or equivalent degree preferredPMP Certification Preferred (required within first year)6 years of Program Management experience or equivalent leadership experience in an International capacity10 years of Program Management experience & 1 year of general management experience or equivalent, operational experience with US Navy Submarine Force Fleet Readiness & Logistics (N4) Organization (preferred)Successful candidates must meet eligibility requirements to access US classified information
Skills Required:Personal integrity / honestly, reliable / dependable, self-motivatedStrategic and tactical thinkerCustomer FocusedStrong written / verbal communication skills and decisivenessExperience working with lean manufacturing processes and principles Strong planning, analytical and networking skills requiredWorks well with management, peers and subordinatesExperience supervising, coaching and developing staffUp to 10% travel required, both domestic and international International experience a plusExcellent MS Office skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Email L3 Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military