Senior Systems Engineer II - Radar Systems Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
AS&T - Radar & Weapon Systems-21001080
Plano, TX, US
Day - 1st
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Radar system synthesis and conceptualization in a design-to-cost environment
Radar performance prediction in benign, cluttered and EA environment
Radar requirements definition, flow down and traceability
Radar system trade studies such as waveform, frequency, antenna configuration, phase noise, etc.
Prescribe the integration and test steps necessary to bring up and verify radar performance, to include detailed test planning and writing test software requirements
Customer and sub-contractor interface
Direct activities of integrated product team
Generate proposals and white papers to generate new business
Other duties as assigned
Must be a U.S. citizen with an existing DoD clearance with current 5-year update and the ability to obtain and maintain any additional clearances as required by program needs
BSEE or equivalent required; advanced degree desired
- 8-10 years’ relevant experience in radar system requirements development, analysis, design, integration, verification and test.
- Strong RF background with a working knowledge of electronic scanned antennas, receivers, exciters and digital signal processing
- Understanding of radar processing, such as pulsed Doppler, pulse compression, MTI, SAR, ATR, STAP, tracking, sensor fusion, etc.
- Understanding of EVMS metrics and Design-to-Cost development
- Desired experience includes millimeter wave radar, and radar seeker design and analysis
- Desired experience also includes Radar Captive Flight Test, Radar bring up, and radar system simulation and modeling
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
Physical requirements include the ability to lift up to 20 lbs. and the ability to travel up to 20%
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military