Sr. Program Manager Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Division - Chesapeake-21005034
Millersville, MD, US
Day - 1st
Yes, 25 % of the Time
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
- Ensure that all program contractual obligations and other formal commitments are formally documented, negotiated, executed and administered consistent with contract requirements and company business objectives while adhering to quality system procedures.
- Establish Program requirements, goals and priorities necessary to successfully accomplish Program commitments; ensure that product quality is attained in assigned program(s) through fulfillment of workmanship standards.
- Plan, organize and direct all program activities including subcontractors; ensure that applicable company, customer and government criteria are incorporated in requirements.
- Provide effective leadership in the pursuit and capture of new business or follow on business related to current programs. Responsible for marketing initiatives and customer communications leading to the identification of specific new or follow on business opportunities. Preparation of capture plans, conducting kick-off meetings, preparation and submittal of proposals and negotiation of subsequent contracts.
- Plan meetings, coordinate details with others, if necessary; perform program specific tasks. Develop agendas, maintain minutes and action item listing for CSC hosted technical meetings, program reviews, working group meetings, etc.
- Monitor and evaluate work performed to ensure conformance with customer requirements and adherence to program requirements. Provide technical and advisory support to ensure on time delivery of quality products that are within planned cost budgets and schedule.
- Identify process improvements to improve efficiency, reduce cost and further ensure the quality of products and services. Responsible for follow up actions to incorporate process improvements into standard operating practice across the organization.
- Review the program quality performance and report program status, cost versus budget, issues and future plans to senior management. Ensure complete and accurate program reporting leads to timely pro-active mitigation of technical, schedule and cost issues.
- Develop, maintain and utilize robust risk management processes in the execution of assigned programs. Responsible for identification of technical, cost and schedule risks and establishment of appropriate metrics to measure program performance on a regular basis. Risk management process is to be tailored to characteristics of each program, resulting in pro-active identification and mitigation of program risks.
- Maintain effective communications with applicable company personnel and functions that review, define and audit customer and government requirements to ensure program compliance.
- Provide input and feedback for company planning initiatives including facilities, capital equipment and staffing. Responsible to identify requirements and implementation plans to support successful achievement of program objectives and milestones.
- Develop, communicate and maintain a team approach emphasizing high integrity, commitment to ethical conduct and compliant with the Company’s Standards of Conduct.
- Provide leadership and guidance to assigned personnel in the performance of their duties; provide and complete personnel evaluations and development systems for assigned personnel and assist with career planning and performance measurement.
- Must be able to effectively communicate program priorities to the functional organization leads.
- Promote cordial relationships and foster and maintain a favorable business profile with customers, suppliers, co-workers, industry and professional associations, government agencies and the local community.
MS / BS in Engineering or Science highly desirable.
Ten (10) years experience in design, development and management of sophisticated military and/or commercial electronic systems including, knowledge and understanding of Program Management, Operations, Engineering, Sales & Marketing.
8-10 years of experience in managing programs in excess of $5M in value.
Experience with product design, development, operations, and manufacturing.
Experience with contract types: Cost plus, T&M, and Fixed Price contracts.
Ability to understand and evaluate technical and non-technical documents relating to all aspects of assigned programs or new business capture targets.
Ability to plan, organize, communicate and direct the day-to-day activities of multiple development, production or life cycle support Programs.
Sr. Program Manager is required to have relevant technical expertise in Electronics, Communications, Computers, Acoustics, Electro-Optics, Sensor / Sensor Fusion, Materials, etc. Cognizant of ISO quality system procedures and documents.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals and legal documents.
Ability to analyze, interpret and report accurate schedule / cost status information in accordance with departmental procedures.
Ability to apply mathematical operations; to interpret specifications and determine most cost effective solutions; interface with other departments that need to comply with technical provisioning needs within Program’s allocation.
Ability to use proper English spelling, grammar and legible office and business writing skills.
Ability to speak well; effective interpersonal skills to interface with both technical and non-technical personnel; ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or the Board of Directors.
Well organized; ability to meet deadlines; self-starter; and multi-task oriented.
Employee works in a quiet environment.
Travel may be required for several days on short notice via auto/air/rail.
Testing aboard ship may be required from time to time.
L3 Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Who We Are
L3 is proud to employ more than 7,700 veterans of the U.S. military, helping them use their unique training and skills to meet our customers' needs.
Many of L3's top business leaders are former military personnel who provide critical insight and support for using L3's advanced technology and services to protect our country's freedoms.
Be part of our mission. be L3!
Learn more at https://www.l3t.com/careers/transitioning-military